Monday, November 5, 2012

Quick Workouts

The last few weeks I've been lazy at working out. These are my excuses...
My daughter was sick
Then I was sick
Then my back hurt.

Well I think my back started hurting because I was not being active enough. I've had sciatica issues on and off since 2004, since losing weight its been a lot better. I think it also helps that I'm much more active.

Anyways I started working out again on Saturday. Since I'm a (mostly) stay at home mom and my fiance works a lot I don't get to go to the gym. I mean I'm sure if I tried really hard I could figure out a way to go to the gym but I don't want to spend money on a sitter for KBeaner and I don't want to give up family time.  So since I don't go to the gym, and I'm not a runner, I use workout DVDs.

I'm lucky that I was given the Zumba DVDs as a present (I would have never bought them on my own, I'm too cheap). I also do  Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred, you can buy the individual DVDs for only $10 at Target. It gets really boring only doing a few different DVDs everyday though.

When I first started getting into working out again a friend of mine introduced me to Blogilates. A Pilates instructor, Cassey Ho, puts up different workouts onto Youtube (here is a direct link to her You Tube Channel) I love her videos because they aren't too long, challenging and most importantly fun! She has these fun song challenges my favorite is the Call Me Maybe Squat Challenge. The challenges are only as long as a song and like all her videos they are free. There is really no excuse not to workout, who cannot find 4 minutes here and 4 minutes there. If you do 5 of them a day that's 20 minutes of exercise! Even if you just do 4 minutes..that's 4 more minutes than you normally would have done!

I've only done the Blogilates videos and some from Live Strong Woman, but I'm sure there are tons of other workout programs that are available on YouTube.

I hope you check out some of those videos if you're feeling like you're in a workout rut or you're looking to start working out. They really helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment