Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Banana Nut Oatmeal and weigh in

Happy Halloween everyone!!

Today is my weigh in day and I lost one pound! I'm very pumped for that one pound since the past couple weeks I have not been working out. Even though I have not been working out I have been tracking all the food I've eaten, even though I have been eating a lot (probably because I haven't been working out) I went way into my extra weekly points this past week. I did however work on getting my 5 cups of fruits and vegetables in every day. Most of the days I get in about 4 servings. I feel better when I eat more fruits and vegetables, so I am going to continue to work on getting all 5 servings a day!

Here is an easy and tasty way to get a serving of fruit in...


Banana Nut Oatmeal (inspired by Banana Nut Bread)

Ingredients
1/2 c  dried oatmeal
1 c water
1 banana (sliced)
1 tbsp almonds (or nut of choice)
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
dash of ground ginger

Cook oatmeal as directed on package, then add your banana slices, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon and ground sugar. Stir well and Enjoy!

I love making my oatmeal this way, so fast,easy and fills me up! I like that I get a fruit serving in and some protein for only 5 points! I hope you enjoy your Banana Nut Oatmeal.


Have a safe and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment