Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Weigh-in Day!


Weigh-in Day!!!! I lost 3 lbs. from last week, I’m 171lbs!!! I’m so excited.
 
So far I have lost 29lbs since starting Weight Watchers this May. I have lost 92lbs since January 2010! I can’t believe I have been able to lose this much and keep it off.
It hasn’t always been easy, there are days when I want to pig out and say forget about points, I’m not counting today. I haven’t done that yet, and I don’t plan on it. When I am struggling with not overeating or not eating candy (I haven’t had more than 12g of sugar per serving since April 2012) I have a list of reasons why I need to stay on track that I go through in my head…


  • I have come so far, it was so hard the first few days, if I have candy now I’m going to have to start all over! (I told myself this when I had first started limiting sugar).
  • I don’t want to get diabetes. Diabetes is a very scary disease, so many complications. Just reading this overview of the complications of diabetes makes me want to go workout and put down any unhealthy food.
  • I want to be a good role model for my daughter. I want her to have a healthy relationship with food.
  • I want to be able to run and play with my daughter and keep up with her. Yesterday we ran a lot and I didn’t get winded.
  • If I do overeat or eat very unhealthy food, how am I going to feel after? Gross, my stomach will hurt, I’ll feel tired and rundown, and I’ll feel guilty. Not worth it!
  • I want to live a long, happy, healthy life with my family. This is probably the reason that works the best.
  • I don’t want food to control me.
  • If I’m really, really struggling I’ll make myself do something else for 20 minutes, usually by then the craving has passed.
  • Another technique I use is instead of saying “I can’t have that” I say “I choose not have that right now”, it gives me a sense of control and is not labeling any food as “bad”. I don’t know about you but when I label something as “bad” or “off limits” it makes me want it even more!
What are some things you tell yourself when you want to overeat or make an unhealthy food choice?



No comments:

Post a Comment