Monday, October 1, 2012

Rainy Weekend

It’s been a rainy weekend here; I had plans to do some garage sale shopping, but I didn’t feel like walking around in the rain with a 2 year old, I didn’t need a deal that badly.

So I organized (with the help of my super organized friend, thank you!!) and cooked… a lot. I’m thinking it must be the change of seasons; I’ve wanted to cook all the time.

This weekend I’ve made rotisserie style chicken in the crock pot! It is amazing! So good! Thank you Pinterest and busy-mommy.com. With the leftover chicken I made homemade chicken soup, like my Dad’s although it was good it was not as good as my Dad’s.

I made Mexican Lasagna with Zucchini instead of tortillas, Mexican Lasagna is a recipe my Mom has always made, it’s delicious but not so good on points. I changed some ingredients up to make it healthier and just as tasty.

I made chili with my own homemade chili seasonings. I’ll put up the recipes for the Chili, Chili Seasoning and Mexican Lasagna soon.

I also attempted to make my own fruit snacks with Jell-O (from this blog). KBeaner really likes them, I’m not a fan they have just enough of the Jell-O texture to gross me out.  I don’t plan on making them again unless KBeaner asks for them. However I really love the site that the recipe came from, lots of good idea at Six Sisters Stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment