Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tips for Staying on Track at an Event

Hey Everyone! Hope you had a wonderful weekend, I know I did!

This weekend my fiancé and I went to my friend’s wedding, it was so beautiful and the best wedding I’ve been to yet!  A lot of my girls from college were there, so it was the first time they had seen me since I’ve lost so much weight. Actually this is the first time they’ve seen me at 171lbs…ever! And I’ve known these girls since 2004!

It was so much fun to catch up with all of them. Also not going to lie, it was amazing to hear them all say how great I looked! Huge confidence builder, thanks girls!!

(It's blurry but this is a pic of me showing off my new dress before the wedding)
 
I was a little worried about how I would do points wise at the wedding. Before getting there I knew I would fill up during the day on a lot of veggies and fruit, and at the wedding I would try to have small portions.  I did really well and did not go that far into my extra weekly points. We danced the night away so that helped and of course was a ton of fun.

Tips for Staying on Track at an Event:
  • Before the event try to stay low in points.
  • But don’t let yourself be hungry, and then you’ll overeat at the event.
  • Drink a ton of water.
  • At the event try to eat more veggies and fruit.
  • Try to remember what you’ve ate/drank during the event so you can track it later on.
  • If you can get in some exercise before or after the event, or even during if there is dancing!
  • Most importantly have fun, you don’t want to be so obsessed with what you’re eating that you don’t have fun at the event.  Yes you want to stay on track but you also want to enjoy yourself!
  • If for some reason you feel like you didn't stay on track, don't beat yourself up. Accept that you did not do as well as you wanted, and learn from it, next time you will do better and move on. Don't let one slip up ruin your whole journey! 

At this wedding I didn’t eat the pasta, or the cake (which was beautiful), or had some of the chocolate fountain (talk about a test of my willpower!!) but I did have drinks and an amazing main course. You have to pick what is worth your points. For me I knew I wouldn’t be having anything sugary (since I don’t do more than 12g per serving) but I also knew it was my first wedding without my daughter in a long time and I was going to have some drinks (all with diet soda of course). All in all I am proud of how I stayed on track and had an amazing time with my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment