Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Chili

I have been trying to figure out different ways to save money; I realized I should be shopping my cabinets before deciding what meals to make for the week. That is how I decided to make chili; we had all of the ingredients already even the chili seasoning!

The seasoning is super easy.

Chili Seasoning

Ingredients:
2 tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Just mix all the ingredients and put it in an air tight container.  I used about a tablespoon of it for the chili.

Now for the Chili…this is also super easy!
 

Low Cost Low Point Chili
Ingredients:
15 oz. can Kidney Beans (rinsed)
15 oz. can Black Beans (rinsed)
28oz can diced tomatoes
10z can of Rotel (or generic equivalent)
1Tbsp. chili seasoning

Put it all in your crock pot on the low setting for 6-8 hours. Then enjoy! 3 points per cup!!
Sorry I forgot to take pictures when I was done.

You can make many variations of this recipe... add ground meat, or add more veggies. If you try anything different with this let me know how it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment