Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ballerina Invitation Tutorial

My little ballerina is turning 3 this month!! Since she is in love with dance class and everything pink and girly I figured a Ballerina Theme was the perfect theme for her party!

I made my own invitations, I couldn't find anything that I liked enough to spend a lot of money on. Yeah I'm cheap and I have a lot of extra time when KBeaner goes to bed.

I started with finding a free template online that divides a piece of paper into 4 equal parts.

Then I scoured Pinterest for cute wording for the invitation. This is what I chose (the font I used is Segoe Script).
Come Dance and Twirl with the Birthday Girl!
 
Here is what the back looks like...

 
Now for the How to...
 
 
As I said earlier I downloaded a template so I could print 4 invites on one piece of paper, I downloaded the template for free here. I then printed the invitations and cut them out.
For the leotard I first folded a scrap piece of paper in half, and drew half of a leotard and cut it out. It took a couple of tries to get exactly what I wanted.
Now trace your leotard on the paper that you'd like to use for it. If you are using a patterned paper I suggest tracing on the back side so you don't have to worry about pencil marks. (I forgot to take pictures while cutting out the leotards when I first made the invitations so these are different ones, which is why the leotard looks different. In case you were wondering.)

Glue your paper leotard to the back of your invitation, I used a plain old glue stick. 
 

 
Next is the tutu  part! I didn't take pictures of the tulle, it tends to not show up on camera that well. So you'll have to use your imagination..
 
I used a roll of tulle that is 6 inches wide, I cut the tulle into rectangles, each rectangle was about 7 inches long and 6 inches wide. Then I folded the tulle into quarters length wise, so you get a 7 inches long and about 1.5 inches wide rectangle. I hope that makes sense!
 
Then I did a basic stitch across the long part of the rectangle to make the tulle into a ruffle. I played around with how tightly I pulled the thread until I had the ruffle looking like a tutu, then I secured it in place.
 
Once you have your tutu how you like it, get out your hot glue gun and glue it onto the leotard.

And you should get something like this.
 

If you make some of these please share your pics with me!
 

1 comment:

  1. hmm thanks for share this .
    i hope will post more great blog in future .
    your all post helpful for me and other . . . . .




    Ballet fitness DVD | Ballet equipment

    ReplyDelete