Wednesday, January 9, 2013

French Toast Style Oatmeal

I've been wanting french toast, but I've been lazy, and its kind of high in points.

So the fiance and I figured out how to make oatmeal taste like french toast! YUM!!

Ingredients
1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup water
1 tsp light brown sugar
1 TBSP Sugar Free Maple Syrup (you could use the real deal but you'll have to adjust the points)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1 TBSP Splenda (optional)

Cook your oatmeal as directed, once done add the sugar free syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, light brown sugar and splenda. Stir well and enjoy for only 4 points!

I added strawberries to mine, you could add your favorite berry or fruit. It would be really good with bananas and maybe some almonds... it would taste like french toast made with banana bread, mmm! Now I need to add almonds to my grocery list.

No comments:

Post a Comment