Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Green Bean Fries and weigh-in

So its weigh-in day... I gained a pound, doesn't surprise me since I ate so poorly. All I can do is try harder this week. Wish me luck! Now for a recipe that can help satisfy those cravings...

It's important to get veggies into our diets...but sometimes it's hard to do that! Sometimes you just want some fries right?

Then make yourself some Green Bean Fries!

I started making these this past summer after getting a good deal on green beans at the farmer's market. They are so easy to make and delicious and healthy!!!


Green Bean Fries

Ingredients:
Green Beans (fresh or frozen, I think fresh works best)
Salt
Pepper
1 tsp Olive Oil (or oil of your choice)

Preheat oven to 350

After washing your green beans, place in a bowl and toss with olive oil. Then add Salt and Pepper to taste.

Spread onto a baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes flip the green beans and bake for another 10 minutes.

Let cool, and enjoy!

*Depending on how many green beans you use, you may need more oil. Last night we used a small size bag and the 1 tsp of Olive Oil was plenty.

Now for the best part, the points! If you were to eat the whole entire batch of Green Bean Fries it would only be 1 point!!! I could probably eat them all, but I have to share with the family!

KBeaner loves these as well! They're a great idea if you have a picky eater on your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment