Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Non Scale Victory and Weigh-in

Hey everyone! It's weigh-in day! I'm happy to let you all know I lost that 1 pound I gained last week and I'm back to 156lbs!

Now to some non scale victories! I try to make myself focus on non scale victories a lot,  I have a tendancy to get hung up on the number on the scale, but it's important to realize it's not all about that number. The number on the scale doesn't always reflect how well you are doing in your weight loss journey.

I first learned about non scale victories when I did Weight Watchers in college, I used their communities boards a lot and people were always talking about NSV (non scale victory), a non scale victory can be anything.. maybe someone complimented you on your weight loss or even if you said "no" to a piece of chocolate cake! I think we all need to focus more on these little (or big) victories!

This week I'm visiting my family. They all complimented me on how "skinny" I look, they still can't get over it. It's such a great feeling to hear people recognize how hard you are working and how well it is working!

My Mom took me new clothes shopping for an early birthday present. I'm in need of some new clothes! It's super exciting, but also kind of annoying since getting new clothes all of the time can quickly add up to a lot of money. Anyways we went to Label Shopper, which is pretty much like a TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I was able to get a ton of cute clothes and the best part is... they were all size SMALL!!!  And I got a pair of American Eagle jeans in size 8!!!

me in my new sweater!

KBeaner and I playing outside!

2 comments:

  1. wow i never thought of nsv s before! so cool! im happy you get some new clothes, thats so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! it was a ton of fun! It just needs to get warm out so I can wear them. NSV really helps keep it all in perspective I think... esp. on the weeks that the scale doesn't move much!

      Delete