Thursday, September 19, 2013

Get Rid of Stains on a Porcelain Sink

At our new place we have a beautiful white porcelain sink. Beautiful until you get close to it and you realize there are stains in it. It became my mission to get those stains out!


 
The after isn't perfect but it is much, much better than the "before".
 
I first started by cleaning the sink with just some hot water and dish soap, that did nothing but at least I knew it was clean.
 
Then I sprayed it with a generic all purpose kitchen cleaner with bleach. That made it slightly cleaner but not by that much.
 
Then I tried baking soda, it worked really well and wasn't too abrasive. The middle picture above is after the baking soda.
 
Next I sprinkled on Borax (I love that stuff!!) and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Now that stuff worked wonders!! Most of the stubborn stains came out.  I think that the next time I do this I will stick with the baking soda and the Borax, it'll make it go by a lot faster and no nasty bleach fumes!
 
To keep your sink sparkly clean try to rinse it out often, especially after there are food or drinks that stain, such as coffee. I think coffee is what stained our sink the most.


Happy cleaning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment