Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Checking In and getting Back to Basics

Hey everyone! Hope you're having a great week, I know I am. We took a family trip to a nearby apple orchard and did some picking! So much fun, and now we have a lot of yummy apples. I did have 2 apple cider donuts, at first I was upset with myself and then I realized that I have to splurge once in a while, and I only had 2 and we didn't bring any home. A few years ago, I would have not had any at the orchard but would buy some and then pig out on them later at home. (Man writing that last sentence almost made me cry. I don't know if I ever admitted how disordered my eating used to really be. I still struggle, but I do not struggle as much as I used to.) Anyways we had a  ton of fun, the weather was perfect, not too hot and not too chilly.



 
I'm planning on making a lot of applesauce, we already made baked apples..yummy!!
 
Now that I checked in, I want to get down to business. I have decided that I am going to force myself into getting back to the basics of weight loss. Each week I am going to challenge myself with a small change. This week I am challenging myself  to drink at least 64oz of water each day. Recently I haven't been drinking enough water, I know that is not good for me, I can see the effects of it too. My skin is horrible, I get more headaches and I am eating a lot more, probably because I am actually thirsty not hungry.

Are you going to challenge yourself this week too? Are you going to join my water challenge or pick a different small change for yourself?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment