Thursday, February 7, 2013

Homemade Laundry Detergent!

My friend Julie and I decided we would try our hands at making our own Homemade Laundry Detergent. I think we've all seen them on Pinterest, but do they really work? is it really that easy to make?

Well it is super easy to make, and the detergent really works!! It even took out a dried blood stain!

I found the original recipe here, it called for Ivory soap or Fels Naptha, we used Dial.

Ingredients
1 c Borax
1 c Washing Soda (found near the laundry detergent)
1 Bar of Soap (grated, you can use the small grater or a larger size grater)

First grate your bar of soap....

Then mix in the 1 cup of Borax and 1 cup of Washing Soda. Mix well.

Transfer to another container, we used plastic baggies this time. (When I make more I am going to put them in an old mason jar.)

Make sure to label your container well, and keep it out of reach from children.

Now you're ready to do some laundry! 1 TBSP for normal size loads, and 2 TBSP for large loads.

Let me know if you try this out and how you like it!



I plan on making more Homemade Laundry Detergent, and I am excited to try out other "recipes" for body wash and hand soap!

No comments:

Post a Comment