Monday, October 8, 2012

Mental Illness Awareness Week


 
October 7th marked the beginning of Mental Illness Awareness Week. 
I’ve known four people who took their lives, that’s four too many. Two of them died Columbus day weekend. It will be 6 years since my friend died, he was such a fun loving guy, and friends with everyone. I don’t think many people saw it coming, I think in most cases no one sees it coming until its too late, hind sight is 20/20. I hope none of you have had to experience this kind of loss in your life, or ever will.
Here is a link to a site that I think has a lot good information www.save.org including warning signs, and how to get help.
 
Please listen and take someones cries for help seriously, you could save a life.
Remember mental illness is an ILLNESS! I think there is still a big stigma about mental illness out there, about having it, or getting treatment for it whether it be medication or therapy. Would you think less of someone if they had

No comments:

Post a Comment