Friday, October 5, 2012

Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal

I've been on an oatmeal kick recently, only 4 points, it fills me up and there is so much you can add to it to make the oatmeal different each day.

Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal
Ingredients:
½ cup Oatmeal (whatever kind you have)
1 cup water
1tsp vanilla extract
½ cup blueberries (I used frozen)

1tbsp. your choice of sweetener
 
First I defrosted my blueberries since I used frozen, then I made my oatmeal (follow the directions the package). For the oatmeal I used its ½ cup of oatmeal to 1 cup of water. While that is in the microwave I mixed the vanilla extract, sweetener and the blueberries. When your oatmeal is done cooking add it to your blueberry/vanilla extract/sweetener mixture. Enjoy your big bowl of oatmeal for only 4 points.
I used Stevia in the Raw as my sweetener, however personally I like Splenda better, but since I bought a big bag of Stevia in the Raw I need to use it up. Stevia in the Raw has an almost bitter taste to it, while Splenda tastes more like real sugar to me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment