Saturday, October 6, 2012

Peanut Butter and "Jelly" Oatmeal

Here is another oatmeal creation for you! I'm all about PB&Js, such an easy classic. I was inspired to make this recipe the other morning when we were out of jelly! I hope you like it, I found it really filling.

Peanut Butter and “Jelly” Oatmeal
Ingredients:

½ cup Oatmeal (whatever kind you have)
1 cup water
½ tbsp. peanut butter
½ cup strawberries (I used frozen)
1tbsp. your choice of sweetener

First I defrosted the strawberries since I used frozen, then I made my oatmeal (follow the directions the package). For the oatmeal I used its ½ cup of oatmeal to 1 cup of water. When your oatmeal is almost done add ½ tbsp. peanut butter to the oatmeal and cook for about 30 seconds so that the peanut butter melts.   Once done add your strawberries and sweetener, mix well. Enjoy your big bowl of oatmeal for only 5 points.
Now depending on your peanut butter, and if you use more than ½ tbsp. of peanut butter the points for the Peanut Butter and “Jelly” Oatmeal may be higher. I suggest double checking the points of your peanut butter first.

No comments:

Post a Comment