Friday, August 9, 2013

ABC Card Game


 I've been trying to help KBeaner learn her alphabet, she knows the alphabet song, but she can't always tell which letter is which when looking at them. I know you can buy cards that have the letters on it but come on "frugal" is in my blog's name!!

At my friend's house we did it for KBeaner and her daughter with index cards and different

colored sharpies, which worked but the girls were rough with them and the cards ended up all dented.

When I came home, I decided to make them again with card stock. I cut out 52 rectangles out, then I wrote out the alphabet, upper case and lower case. I decided to laminate them....and by laminate I mean put clear packing tape on them..it works the same and I already had that on hand.

Then I let KBeaner go at it and play all she wanted! She matched a bunch of them and then we decided to play "Go Fish" instead of asking her if she had an "A" or whatever letter I needed I would show her the card and ask her to name the letter. A lot of times she needed help with which letter was which but I think that it did help her learn some of them. Plus she had a lot of fun!

You could even get creative and draw pictures that correspond with each letter such as "A is for Apple" Let me know if you make the ABC cards!


No comments:

Post a Comment