Friday, August 30, 2013

Weekly Check In

Hey everyone! Hope you've been having a good week. Our week has been pretty good, for the most part.

KBeaner had her first big injury this past Saturday. We were at a friend's house, KBeaner was kneeling on the couch reaching over to pet our friend's cat  when she fell off the couch and land face first on the coffee table. She instantly did her "no-breath" cry, I picked her up and then realized that she had a cut on her forehead just over her eyebrow. Thankfully my friend was there to tell me to keep it together. I wanted so bad to cry or vomit. We took KBeaner right to the Urgent Care.

There they had a long discussion with me about whether or not to do stitches or Dermabond (pretty much super glue lol) or even bring her down to the hospital (30mins away) so that "plastics" could do it. I'm sorry but I wasn't thinking about scarring right now, I was more concerned about not traumatizing my child more. We decided on Dermabond which apparently stings A LOT, KBeaner moved once the Dermabond was on and the doctor's glove was stuck to her eyebrow, which then was ripped off because of her moving so fast...so part of her eyebrow went with the doctor's glove. Ugh I almost lost it then. I used to be okay with blood, but apparently not anymore. They finished the Dermabond without anymore problems and we were sent home. I had to be paying attention for any signs of concussion and had to wake her up every 1-2 hours that night. Thankfully she didn't show any signs of concussion and the cut hasn't really bothered her that much.



Showing off her new My Little Ponies! I had to give her lots of presents after she had been so brave!

I'm proud to say I didn't stress eat that much...emphasis on "that much".

I also had a lot of exercise in disguise on Monday, I helped a friend of mine who is a housekeeper clean  for 6 hours. It was a lot of fun actually and working with my friend made the time go by.

All that cleaning gave me the cleaning bug so be on the look out for some new tutorials and posts about cleaning things. First up is how to clean a porcelain sink!

Can you tell she loves Hello Kitty?!

No comments:

Post a Comment