Friday, August 23, 2013

a new outlook?

 I've been feeling guilty a lot this summer that I haven't been blogging enough, and when I do blog I feel that I am just writing the same thing over and over again.

"I'm going to try harder"
"I'm getting back on track"

blah blah blah...

Well I have been thinking a lot about my weight loss journey and how I am not at the end of it, I'm not at a weight that I'm super happy with, I'd like to be smack in the middle of my healthy weight range so somewhere in the 140s. I've realized though that even if I get to whatever weight is my perfect weight I am still going to have to continue to maintain, I think I'll always struggle to some degree with staying a healthy weight. I just hope that it isn't a daily struggle.

I have made the realization that I need to cut myself some slack, I get all stressed out about not losing weight, which then makes me start my old bad habits, which makes me gain weight which makes me stress out more and eat more, and so on.

It's an obnoxious cycle.

I need to take a step back and enjoy life, not stress out about food, eat to fuel my body and to keep myself healthy. Not eat to fix my feelings, or get all worked up about eating the wrong type of food.

I have to also get it through my head that the weight that I am now (fluctuating between 151-160 although I'm 158 this week) is OK, its more than OK it's great!!! Even amazing compared to the 263 that I was 3 1/2 years ago.

I am going to have to work on this, its not going to be easy. I have been telling myself for a long, long time that my weight is not OK and that I need to lose weight. I just have to keep reminding myself to be positive, and relax a little.

If you've lost a good amount of weight, how have you retrained your brain to view yourself differently? Or have you not had this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment