Sunday, November 3, 2013

A-Z Thankful Project

Yesterday I was playing on facebook and saw a link from Parent's Magazine about how there was 26 days left until Thanksgiving, perfect for the ABC's, ABC's of Gratitude is what they've called it.

Pretty much each day, you get a letter of the alphabet and say something that you are thankful for. On their site they give a thing for each day, starting with A for Animals which is what KBeaner and I did as well. I think we might change it up though.

I thought this would be a perfect project for her, she loves to draw and it is a great way to practice the ABCs.  So for each letter we will discuss what it is that we are thankful for that start with the letter of the day and then draw a picture of it. We are then going to hang them up on her bedroom wall.

Here is what we did for the first day...

 
A is for Animals
 
 
KBeaner is thankful for animals, she drew the 2 cats that we are cat sitting, a "silly dog", a mouse and a zebra. She is thankful for them because she "really loves and animals and they make me happy".
 
I will do a wrap up of the letters from the week each Sunday. I hope you're inspired to do your own A-Z Thankful Project with your children too!!
 
 
Click here for... Week 1 B-G
                          Week 2 H-P
                          Week 3 Q-Z


No comments:

Post a Comment