Thursday, February 13, 2014

DIY Stamps: Potato and Toilet Paper Rolls

With Valentine's Day a few days away I wanted to do a fun craft with KBeaner. She loves playing with paint (who doesn't?) so I thought back to what I did when I was a kid...I loved when we would make stamps out of ordinary objects. 


Luckily we had a lot of potatoes on hand and some cookie cutters and a toilet paper roll!

What you need for this craft:
  • Potato
  • Toilet Paper Roll
  • Cookie Cutter
  • Knife
  • Paint
  • Paper
 First cut your potato in half, and push in your cookie cutter. You have two options for your potato stamp, you can cut off the outside of the potato so that your stamp image is just the heart (or whatever cookie cutter shape you have) or you can have an inverted image by removing the potato that is in the inside of  your cookie cutter. I chose to just do the first one.

For the toilet paper roll I folded so that the circle was now just a straight line, then opened it back up and bet the top of the roll in so that it looks like a heart. Super easy!

Now that you have your stamps ready, get out your paint and start stamping!! 




KBeaner found it fun to use the potato as a paint brush and drag it around. She also used the cookie cutters as stamps too.

Some of her beautiful creations! 

KBeaner and I had so much fun with this project! She did say that she liked the potato stamp better than the toilet paper roll stamp. It was a little harder to get the paint onto the toilet paper roll stamp, so it can be frustrating for the younger kids, I liked how it turned out though. 

I want to get more cookie cutters so we can make even more potato stamps... the possibilities are endless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment