Thursday, February 6, 2014

KBeaner's Fairy Tea Party!

KBeaner wanted a Fairy Tea Party! It was a huge success and was so much fun to plan! I was able to do it all fairly cheap. (PS as I just wrote that I caught that pun haha).

I showed you the party invites here.

 You can see how I made these awesomely easy and cheap Coffee Filter Flowers here

I don't have a picture of her Happy Birthday letters at her party but here is the tutorial where I showed you how to make them

Here is what her party was like....
Each one of KBeaner's friends were given a pair of fairy wings. I bought them at Dollar Tree, they are actually very nice and obviously were only a dollar!

The activity at the party was Decorate your own Fairy Wand. I made the wands out of dowels that I cut then hot glued foam stars that I cut out and put on either side of the dowel. They decorated them with different stickers. I also made swords for the boys or for any girl who did not want a fairy wand. (I'll tell you how I made the container for the wands in a post soon)

Here is the food spread....

We made Fairy Wand Pretzel Rods! I dipped the pretzel rods into melted white chocolate and then KBeaner and I decorated them with sprinkles.

The Tea Cup Cupcakes were a huge hit! They were my favorite part! I was inspired by these. I made them by making cupcakes but instead of putting them in cupcake liners I poured them into Ice Cream Cones, once they were baked (I just followed the directions on the package for baking) I cut off the bottom half of the cone with a serrated knife. 
      I bought sugar cookies at the store and "glued" the top half of the cone to the cookie with melted white chocolate. 
      Once That was on well I used half of a Peach Ring as the handle, I also "glued" that on with white chocolate. After having a few of the "handles" fall off I realized the best way to attach them would be to use the melted white chocolate but then to stabilize it with a tooth pick and let the white chocolate harden in the freezer. Once it was hardened I just gently slid the tooth pick off.
     Then I frosted the cupcakes, and KBeaner added the sprinkles. Hope you make some too! They are much easier than they look. 

Here is the Birthday Fairy Princess showing off her wings! The outfit she is wearing is her costume from her dance recital last year. Of course it would not be complete with out her Twinkle Toe light up shoes! I made the bow she is wearing. 

I hope this post has inspired you to throw your own Fairy Tea Party or has given you some ideas for your next little girls birthday party! Please send me pics if you do any of these or are inspired by them, I love seeing other peoples party stuff too! 

3 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes are super cute!! My daughter would love to make those!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very simple but beautiful decorations that you arranged for your daughter’s birthday party, and she is looking cute in her fairy costume. I’m also planning a costume party on the occasion of my daughter’s birthday next week. We have decided to book one of the amazing NYC venues for the party.

    ReplyDelete