Saturday, March 30, 2013

Shaving Cream and Volcano Eggs

It's Easter weekend! Which besides it being a holiday and a time for being together with loved ones... it means lots of egg related crafts!

Since KBeaner and I have both been sick this week, we did not get to do as many of the Easter crafts that I wanted to do, but we did get to do two awesome ones!

Our first Easter craft was Shaving Cream Easter Egg Paintings found on this blog. It was so easy and a lot of fun.

First I spread out shaving cream on a baking sheet then KBeaner added drops of paint where she liked. Next she swirled it around with a paint brush. We then put pieces of card stock that I had cut into egg shaped into the shaving cream, when you pick them up they're covered in shaving cream, next you use a squeegee to take off the shaving cream. Magically the paint will stay on the paper. KBeaner loved it, and so did I! I plan on doing this craft again, maybe to make cards or small wrapping paper.
the finished product!

I think KBeaner's favorite part was playing with the shaving cream/paint
 
Today we dyed our eggs, using the Volcano Egg method found on this blog. I've always loved dyeing Easter eggs, but this way by far is my favorite way!

You make the "paint" by mixing about a TBSP of baking soda, 2 TSP of water and a few drops of food coloring.

Now paint your eggs!

 
 
 
Then you put (or drop) them into a container of vinegar! *I think we had filled the container with too much vinegar, my thought is, is that if it was a smaller amount maybe the reaction would have seemed larger.

 



Enjoy the fizzies!!

You can add more paint to your eggs and fizz them again or just let them dry.

These are our eggs!
 
After we were done with the eggs, we had even more fun by dumping the leftover "paint" into the vinegar!
 
 

I also wanted to let you all know that I started working out again, and started the Brazil Butt Lift where I left off, so I have now completed week 2! I already feel so much stronger and toned!

Happy Easter and Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment