Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Weigh-In!

Hey everyone!! It's weigh-in Wednesday for me. This was a very big weigh-in for me. My Dad had made a deal with me that if I could get my weight to 175 he would buy me a Kindle Fire or an equivalent to it. He made this deal with me in July when I was 188.

Well.... today I am... 175!!!!

Woooo hooo!!! I'm so excited! Not just to get my prize but to also to be this weight, it’s a very liberating feeling. I've lost 88lbs since the day I gave birth to my daughter (January 2010), and I've lost 25lbs since starting Weight Watchers this May!
Here are some tips that have helped me.

Drink, drink, and drink I drink at least 64oz of water a day. I have a reusable water bottle that is 20oz; I try to drink a whole one in the first hour of my day. The water wakes me up, which I know sounds weird but it does! Also drinking water will help you save money; you won’t need to buy so many juices or sodas.
Keep Track I bought a small cute notebook from Target that I use to keep track of my points. I also keep track of my exercise, water, and how many fruits and veggies I’ve had.
Measure Measuring your food helps a lot so that you can get used to the correct serving sizes of food. Weighing your food on a food scale is helpful as well especially for chicken or other meats.

Fruits and VeggiesI try to have 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day (emphasis on try). Obviously they are so healthy for you and if you’re doing Weight Watchers most of them are ZERO points!! Some days I get all my 5 servings in and sometimes more, sadly most days I don’t. I’ve been trying to add more veggies to my meals. I hide spinach in my pizza dough. even my toddler likes that one!

Splurge a little Once in a while you need to splurge, well at least I do. My splurges aren’t exactly big splurges. I’ll make a healthy-ish dessert, or I make my healthier pizza a lot (seriously, a lot, I have a pizza problem). I try to find a healthier version of the food I want (I make pizza with spinach pizza dough) but sometimes you need a real burger! On those days I try to work out a little more or harder, and eat more veggies and fruit. It’s all about moderation and balance.
Don’t Give Up Sometimes a “little splurge” can turn into a binge. Its okay if that happens, doesn’t give up, or beat you up about it. You can’t expect yourself to eat perfectly all the time. If you have a binge accept it, and start your healthy eating again. Sometimes if I eat badly at lunch part of me thinks “well I already ruined today might as well eat more junk” but I have to remind myself that I can make it a better day by eating healthier and in moderation.

Are you Hungry? It’s good to know if you are actually hungry or if you’re just bored/tired/thirsty/upset. This is a big problem of mine, and I still struggle with it every day. Thankfully I am getting better at listening to my stomach. Sometimes if I’m not sure if I’m hungry or not I make myself drink a cup of water or wait 10 minutes. If I’m still hungry after that I know I’m actually hungry, most of the time I’m not.
Embrace Sneaky Exercise There is a lot of exercise that doesn’t feel like exercise... I like to call that sneaky exercise! Such as taking a walk, my daughter and I go for at least one walk every day. I make it more of a workout by pushing her in her Smart Trike. You don’t really feel like you’re working out but pushing a 27lb toddler up a hill… that’s a work out!

Today we picked out some pumpkins and of course I made it into a fall photo shoot…






 

No comments:

Post a Comment