Sunday, September 2, 2012

My story so far..


OK so the name of the blog is a little deceiving, I am a mama, I am frugal, but I’m not that fit, yet! I hope you will join me on this journey. Here is my weight loss story so far…

I have a 2 year old daughter, the day I gave birth to her I weighed in at 263lbs, and I’m only 5’6. That was the heaviest I have ever been, and I do not plan on getting back there or anywhere near there.  I was around 220lbs when I found out I was pregnant. 

(This is me in December 2009 at my baby shower)
 
After my daughter was born I lost 30lbs in the first few months, I think mostly due to attempting to breast feed (I struggled with that for a while, but that’s a story for another time), and all the stress of being a new mom.

(My daughter and I. I was about 220lbs)
 
That July I had a physical with a new doctor, she recommended that I see the dietician there. I was all for it! I didn’t want to be so large anymore, and most importantly I wanted to set a healthy example for my daughter.  At my first meeting with my dietician I was around 220lbs. She was very nice and helpful.  She had me start journaling what I ate, then after that she showed me how to use the diabetic eating plan (I am not diabetic though) which is the formula from when weight watchers originally started. After I had the hang of that I added 150 minutes of exercise a week. 

My weight dropped to 200lbs in about a year or so.  I know I could have lost more weight, but for whatever reason I didn’t take it as seriously as I should.  I didn’t always write what I was eating and sometimes I’d “cheat” and not write down everything I wrote.

In December 2011 my friend and I decided we should help each other stay accountable with our eating and exercise. At that point I had gained 10lbs.  We messaged each other throughout the day; we’d tell each other what we ate and what exercise we had done.  I lost 10lbs doing that!

Then I got stuck, like I seem to always do at 200. It’s like there is a huge wall I could never get through.  I decided that I would go back to Weight Watchers. I had done it a few times in college and lost about 30lbs doing it, of course I gained it back but this time I actually want to change my life.  I started on May 23, 2012 weighing in at 200lbs today I am 180lbs.

This time with Weight Watchers I feel like it is different. I have a ton of support from friends and family,   I am doing this not to be skinny but to be healthy, I want to live a long happy life and I want to be an inspiration to my daughter.  I work out for at least 30mins six days a week and I haven’t “cheated” on Weight Watchers, I eat what I want but I make sure I always count every point. 

(This is me at 187lbs I'll take a new one soon!)
 
 
Sorry I don't have that many pictures..I didn't like having my picture taken back then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment