Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes!

Recently I have pumpkins on the brain!! So we made pumpkin pancakes for breakfast the other morning. I had never made them before, I googled recipes for a bit and found this one and adapted it.

Pumpkin Pancakes! (3 pts. for two!)

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 tablespoons Splenda
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon allspice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger
  • 2 cups almond milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons applesauce
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
(I forgot the All Spice)
 

First mix all of your dry ingredients.

Then mix in your wet ingredients.

(how your batter looks after mixing)
 
Cook your pancakes on a medium heat skillet. I used a ¼ cup to add the batter to the skillet, so my pancakes were all equal in size. They are very thick so after flipping once I smushed them down with the spatula, so that they would cook faster (I’m impatient).

(the finished product!)
 
Enjoy! I didn’t have any syrup in the house so I used peanut butter and jelly, it was delicious! The pancakes were so good; I even had one without anything on it!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment