Monday, April 29, 2013

Meal Plan and a Realization!

This weekend I fully realized how much weight I have lost so far..

Obviously,I know I've lost a lot of weight (110lbs and counting to be exact), I know that my pants are smaller from 18/20 to 6/8, I feel the changes in my life, I'm healthier and happier.

For some reason I didn't really ever think or realize how much 110lbs is, how far I have come.

I was helping my friend fill the kid's sandbox up, and we had gotten 4, 50lb bags of sand from the store. As I was carrying them (one at a time), as I was struggling a little bit I realized how much harder it would have been a year ago, I was a little over 200lbs at that point, not eating healthy yet, definitely not working out as much as I do now.

That was almost 50lbs ago.

Then it clicked in my head.. I've lost 2 of those 50lb sand bags PLUS 10lbs!!

HOLY CRAP!

Those were so heavy, and to think a year ago I was walking around with just one of those sandbags and I thought I was doing okay, I really can't believe how I was living my day to day life 3 years ago when I was at my heaviest.

It made me realize how awful I was treating my body. It hurt just carrying one of those sand bags, imagine all the pressure and stress that was on my body before. It's just crazy to me!

I recommend everyone finding something that is equal weight to what they have lost... even if its only 5lbs. What have you lost? A bag of oranges? a sandbag? Let me know!

Now on to the meal plan...

I mentioned last week that I am going to do a May Food Challenge through a blog that I follow, read more about it here.

Here is my weekly meal plan:


No comments:

Post a Comment