Monday, December 31, 2012

Skinny Cinnamon Rolls


Happy New Year's Eve!!!

I know a lot of you are making your resolutions to be healthier in 2013, well just because you're being healthier does not mean you can't indulge is some yummy but health-ish treats! Like my Skinny Cinnamon Rolls! I'm making them today, it gives me a feeling like I'm being "bad" but they aren't bad at all! Only 2 points per roll, and there is only 3 grams of added sugar per roll as well! YUM!!


Ingredients:
1/4 oz yeast
1/4 cup  and 1/2 cup warm water
2 cups flour (I used King Arthur's Unbleached All Purpose)
3 TBSP Light Brown Sugar
1/2 cup oatmeal (I used old fashioned oats)
2 TBSP sweetener (I used Splenda, if you want to use real sugar the points will be different)
2 TBSP non-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce

Filling:
2 TSP cinnamon
1/3 cup sweetener (again I used Splenda)
1 TBSP Olivo (or any butter or butter substitute)

Mix 1/4 oz yeast with 1/4 cup warm water, mix well and let rise  for about 10 minutes.

As that's rising mix in a large bowl mix 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 3  TBSP brown sugar, 2 TBSP Splenda, and 1 TSP salt. Mix well.

Add 2 TBSP Greek yogurt and 1/4 cup applesauce. Once your yeast has been rising for 10 minutes add the yeast/water mixture and 1/2 cup of warm water.


Mix very well to form soft dough, if you need to add more flour do so. I added maybe 1/4 cup.

 

On a floured surface knead the dough for about 5 minutes. (The dough is going to be very sticky...you have been warned!)

Spray a large clean bowl with cooking spray, put your ball of freshly kneaded dough in and flip it over once or twice so it is coated with the cooking spray. Then cover and place in a warm spot. Let it rise for an hour, it should double in size.

While you're waiting you could be like me and do your dishes   play on Pinterest!

After your dough is done rising, spread it into a rectangle on a floured surface. Mix your cinnamon and Splenda together.


Spread melted butter onto your dough, and sprinkle on your cinnamon and Splenda mixture.

 
Roll your dough and then cut into 12 equal sections.

Place the 12 rolls into a greased 9X13 pan. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes to an hour.

After they've risen put them in a 375 degree preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
 

 
Let cool and enjoy!!

*Now I didn't put any icing on them because I didn't want the extra points or all that sugar, but I'm sure they'd taste even better with icing!

No comments:

Post a Comment